As much as I love writing, my second passion is reading. Books are like food for my soul. I firmly believe that one can never own too many books.
Being a self-published author, I understand how hard it can be to obtain a review for the book that you have so lovingly
labored over. The book becomes like a child. You have created a unique story that you wish to share with the world.
Then, you nurtured the story and watched as it grew into something extraordinary.
I would be honored to help your story succeed by providing an honest and unbiased book review. Please read the guidelines listed below to see what types of books I am most interested in as well as submission details.
· I am an active member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators.
· I am an active member of the Independent Book Publishers Association.
· I am an active member of the Dog Writers Association of America.
· I am the former Editor of The Fairview Heights Tribune and The Clinton County News Leader.
· I earned my Bachelor of Science Degree in Mass Communications: Print Journalism with a minor in English from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in 2007,graduating Suma Cum Laude.
· In 2006, I earned the Outstanding Journalism Student Award at SIUE.
· I have won two Young Author Awards (1994, 1997).
I am interested in the following types of books:
1. Children’s (including picture books)
2. Middle Grade Chapter Books
4. Stories Involving Animals
I am not interested in the following types of books:
4. Vampires or Zombies
About My Reviews
Please take a moment to read about the reviews that I provide to decide if I am the reviewer for you.
1. I provide free book reviews. I will never ask for payment of any kind.
2. I pride myself on providing honest book reviews. While I will never write a review that completely bashes an author's work, I will, however, point out any weaknesses in the plot, character development,etc. Please note that I try to find something good in every book that I read.
3. Depending on the length of your book, I should have the review completed within 2 weeks from the date that I receive the book. Please expect a longer review time if your book is over 150 pages.
4. I will provide you with a PDF copy of my review that you may post on your website, blog, book jacket, etc.
5. All book reviews will be posted on the blog portion of my website: www.theuerkaufstails.com
To submit your e-book for review, please send the file to: email@example.com
To submit a physical book, please send a copy of your book to:
Theuerkauf's Tails, LLC
Attn: Lauren Kramer-Theuerkauf
106 South Alton Street
Freeburg, IL 62243